Zoe Murrie and Raija Haughn Contributed to the Aricle
As 2018 comes to a close, it’s important that we look back at those who left us and remember the impact they made in our lives. Unfortunately, many legends passed away this year, but their influence continues to shape the world we live in today. Some lived long and enriched others’ lives while others left too early. Either way, they will never be forgotten.
Mac Miller (1992-2018)
- Malcolm McCormick, known as Mac Miller, was a rapper, singer and record producer from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is best known for studio albums Blue Slide Park (2011) and GO:OD AM (2015).
Aretha Franklin (1942-2018)
- Aretha Franklin, born in 1942, was a world-renowned R&B singer/songwriter, as well as a ground-breaking civil rights activist and feminist.
Kate Spade (1962-2018)
- Kate Spade was the co-founder and owner of fashion brand Kate Spade New York. Her designs were known to bring color and whim back into high fashion.
Anthony Bourdain (1956-2018)
- Anthony Bourdain was a celebrity chef and TV personality from New York City. Because of his exploratory tactics and traveling, he is considered to be one of the most influential chefs of all time.
Burt Reynolds (1936-2018)
- Burt Reynolds was an American actor and producer best known for 70s hit Smokey and the Bandit and 90s cult classic Boogie Nights.
Joe Jackson (1928-2018)
- Joe Jackson was the father and manager of famous Jackson family. He was recently inducted into the Rhythm and Blues Music Hall of Fame.
John McCain (1936-2018)
- John McCain was an American war hero and politician who served as a US Senator for nearly thirty years before he passed away this fall.
- Avicii was a Swedish musician and DJ, best known for hits Wake Me Up and Without You.
Barbara Bush (1925-2018)
- Barbara Bush was the First Lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993, as well as a women’s rights activist.
Stephen Hawking (1942-2018)
- Stephen Hawking was a physicist, cosmologist and renowned researcher best known for A Brief History of Time.
Hubert de Givenchy (1927-2018)
- Hubert de Givenchy was a French fashion designer best known for establishing the the house of Givenchy, a high-fashion brand specializing in purses, shoes and clothes.