This past Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Student Government Association (SGA) conducted their fifteenth senate session of the year. Several topics were discussed including the induction of several new clubs and initiatives.
- Student Body President Alexandra Helfgott acknowledged the plans to pick a new president to replace President McConnell, stating that her and Dr. Caudill would be leading a student listening section on the process.
- Vice President Tripp Keefe updated that the company Green Taxi is currently crafting a contract for free rides starting next semester
- A Diversity Forum will be held Feb. 28 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in School of Science and Math Building with Dr. Harris, Dr. Caudill, Dr. Cabot, Provost McGee and Christ Tobin
- The organization is working with the College to eliminate use of plastic water bottles for orientation and introduce new water bottle fill stations in various locations (including Silcox, the School of Business and the fourth floor of Stern
- They are also working to place ice machines in a few residence halls with compatible plumbing
- SGA is attempting to add dog waste bags to the green square outside Campus Center Apartments and get the gym floors waxed.
- United African Students became a budgeted organization, exiting their waiting period
- Save the Children Action Network exited 28-day waiting period to become a budgeted club
- MEDLife entered their 28-day waiting period to become a budgeted organization once again, this time with more active outreach and participation
942 Total Views 15 Views Today