Hi, my name is Shannon Murray and I have a serious case of the feels.
– Listening to Coldplay’s Yellow on repeat
– Smiling at the thought of a guy you’ve barely talked to
– Getting that ooey-gooey feeling in the way back of your stomach
– Chronic or Mild desire for a good hug
– Serious concentration drift when attempting to do homework
– Making scenarios in your head about that guy in Monday, Wednesday, Friday classes, thinking how lucky you are to see him three days a week
– Listening to the Warm Fuzzy Feelings playlist on Spotify
– Planning out the conversations with you and the guy in your project group
Contact a physician if you have any of these thoughts:
– “Dammit Ed Sheeran you’ve done it again.”
– “Do you think he likes shagging? Do you think I should ask him?”
– “What will he look like in a wedding tux?”
– “If I’m Nancy from Stranger Things, then where is my dang Jonathan?!”
– “My airway has significantly gotten smaller. Is this normal?”
– “I really want a good morning and goodnight text.”
– “Do you think dorm room beds are apt for cuddling?”
I have turned into every Pinterest quote and every relatable tweet. I have become a girl (gasp!). No, I don’t mean anatomically a female – I mean a girl. A true period-having, pink-loving, emotions-feeling, boyfriend-wanting girly girl – and I’m not afraid to say it. I AM A GIRL AND SOMETIMES I LIKE FEELING SAD AND WANTING A BOY IN MY LIFE. Phew that felt good to say!
And if I’m really honest… I think I really like it. Although, I do understand that the whole idea is pathetic. In today’s modern feminist era, girls are almost supposed to reject the social norms and be themselves, but what if being a girly-girl is what I want sometimes? By this I mean spending the nights in your room painting your nails and listening to acoustic love songs. For me, these feeling surface about every six months or so.
If you’re a guy reading this and don’t quite understand the feeling, here are some analogies
– It’s like eating the most phenomenally seasoned and grilled steak
– Like your whole body is a big smile
– Like your most confident feeling day bottled into an hour
If I want to feel like a butterfly-rainbow-cotton candy loving girl, I feel like I have the right to! I have boobs, a period and I like the color pink sometimes and today I want a boyfriend! Suck it society!